Eligibility for Financial Aid
To qualify for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or .
- Be registered with (if required)
- Not registered or not sure? Verify your status or online.
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate or have completed a state-approved home school high school education.
- Be admitted to a program leading to a certificate or degree.
- Not admitted? Apply for Admission online.
- Be enrolled at least half time each term.
- Note: select federal and state programs allow less than half time enrollment; certain institutional programs require full time enrollment.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in your course of study.
- Not be in on any federal loan or owe a repayment on any federal grant.
- Comply with federal regulations governing the use of funds for educational purposes.
Be aware! A federal or state conviction, during enrollment, for possession or sale of illegal drugs can disqualify you from receiving financial aid or require a repayment of funds. Review additional information about online.
How many hours should I be enrolled in?
|Full time||12 or more credit hours|
|3/4 time||9 to 11 credit hours|
|Half time||6 to 8 credit hours|
|Full time||At least 6 credit hours|
|Half time||3 to 5.5 credit hours|